Friday, March 14, 2008

Where are the Grown-ups?? *Updated*

Back in the 1980s, when I was in my 20s, I didn’t really feel like an adult. Even though I was a married woman with 2 kids by the end of the decade, I still didn’t really feel like a grown-up.

In the 25 years since, I’ve grown-up quite a bit, shouldering my responsibilities as a single mom and sole support of those 2 kids, who are now grown.

I have a good driving record, a clean credit report and I pay my bills on time.

Back then, there seemed to be a few people who were the grown-ups: Ronald Reagan, Margaret Thatcher and Pope John-Paul. All but Dame Thatcher have gone to their reward.

Unfortunately for us, no one seems to have stepped up to replace them. No one seems capable of making the difficult decisions that can end the War on Islamic Fascism like Ron, Maggie and John-Paul did with communism and the USSR. Where are the leaders?

Hell, one of our 2 political parties won’t even admit there IS a War on Islamic Fascism! They have their collective heads buried so far up their asses they haven’t seen daylight in years!

And yet, 47.5% of Americans poll that they will vote for a Democrat in November!

What’s wrong with these people? These Islamic nutjobs are AT WAR WITH US?

They seek our death and the total destruction of our country and our culture.

To those who say we need to talk and “negotiate” with these people, I want to know what you think there is to negotiate about? If your opponents’ starting position is your death, what’s there to negotiate, the where and how?

They don’t want to live with us! There’s nothing we can do that can change that. We didn’t cause it. We can’t fix it.

But we can stop it.

This country desperately needs some grown-ups who recognize the danger we are in and have the balls to do something about it.

Since it looks like I’ll have no other choice, I’m hoping that McCain turns out to be an adult!!

I hope he makes a good, conservative choice for VP. There’s been rumors on the ‘net that he’s thinking of asking a Democrat to run with him.

If he wants to guarantee that the conservative base stays home in November, he should do just that. I’ll definitely sit that one out. I don’t vote for Democrats in the general election.

*Update*

I forgot one of the adults from this time period: Lech Walesa. Now, there's a man with BALLS! He stood up to the Soviet Union! He and his Solidarity labor union helped Reagan, Thatcher and John Paul bring down the USSR.

Sorry, Lech, I'll try and do better next time!

No comments: