Monday, July 06, 2009

Definition of Conservative.

From the mouths of babes:

Definition of Conservatism:

Four principals:

1. Respect for the Constitution
2. Respect for life
3. less government
4. personal responsibility


Jonathan Krohn, author of “Define Conservatism”. He’s 14!!! Imagine that! A child gets it correct!!

I saw a broadcast of his speech to CPAC on TV recently. My TiVo recorded it for some reason. I’m not sure why but I’m glad it did.

More from Jonathan:

“It’s not an ideology of feeling or romanticism. It is an ideology of protecting the people and the people’s rights.”

And that’s why I’m a Conservative. Not a Republican. Too many times, the party sacrifices its principals to political expediency.

Think John McCain.

Maybe in 2012 we can run an actual Conservative as our candidate?

I hope so. We’re going to need someone strong to clean up President Bubonic’s messes.

No comments: